HandBrake is a tool to convert videos from almost any format to a selection of modern and widely supported codecs.
Reasons why you’ll love HandBrake:
Convert video from almost any format
free and open source
cross – platform (Windows, Mac and Linux)
presets embedded devices
Start with HandBrake in seconds by choosing an optimized profile for your device, or choose a universal profile standard or high quality conversions. Simple, easy, fast. For those who want more options, modify many basic and advanced options to improve their codes.
Compatible input sources:
Handbrake can process most common media files and any DVD or BluRay source that does not contain any copy protection.
Containers File: .mp4 (.M4V) and .MKV
Encoders Video: H.265 (X265 and QuickSync), H.264 (x264 and QuickSync), H.265 MPEG-4 and MPEG-2, VP8, VP9 and Theora
encoders audio: AAC / HE-AAC, MP3, FLAC, Vorbis or AC3
Pass audio tracks AC3, E-AC3, DTS, DTS-HD, TrueHD, AAC and MP3
Even more features
- Selecting title / chapter and range
- Batch scanning and queuing of encodings
- Chapter Markers
- Subtitles (Vobsub, CEA-608 Closed Captions, SSA, SRT)
- Constant quality or video encoding bit rate average
- Support for VFR and CFR
- Video filters: interlacing, Decomb, Denoise, Detelecine, Deblock, Grayscale, Trim and scale
- Static live video preview